Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bacon Water Chestnut Wraps


INGREDIENTS
2 (8 ounce) cans water chestnuts
1 pound sliced bacon, cut in half
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup tomato-based chili sauce


DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Wrap each water chestnut with a piece of bacon. Place the rolls seam-side down in a baking
dish. (can secure with water soaked toothpicks)
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes (on a wire rack with pan under to collect grease),
or until bacon is crisp and cooked through. Drain off the grease.
4. In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, brown sugar and chili sauce;
pour over the bacon-chestnut rolls. Return to the oven and bake for another 30 minutes.
5. Place toothpicks in each wrap and serve warm




Recipe from allrecipes.com, click to read reviews and hints

3 comments:

Max Fam said...

Krista! I LOVE this stuff!

Max Fam said...

oh yeah, where can I get tomato based chili sauce?

The Riggs said...

Heinz chili sauce is right next to the cocktail sauce near the ketchup!! Heidi...didn't I see a similar recipe on YOUR blog???

Recipes from a "wanna be" culinary goddess.

"Hunger is the best sauce in the world" -Cervantes

"I cook with wine, sometimes I add it to my food" -WC Fields


This is a collection of recipes I have acquired from many different sources!